Monday, January 14, 2008

Little Accomplishments.....

Hey there! Well, Annie has added another accomplishment to her little 4 month old list! Annie has been sleeping in our room since she came home. Also, she has been in her car seat since we brought her home. And, we have swaddled her every night since she came home from the hospital. The other night I tried to abolish all three things at once......not a good idea on my part..but wishful thinking none the less...... It was a cold Thursday evening, the winds were blowing, the dogs barking, the leaves.....okay..nevermind...anyways..... this little determined mother was going to get her little, beautiful, precious, lover, snuggle bum, boogers, Anabel to become like all other babies, to sleep on her back, in her bassinet, without being swaddled....she quickly reminded me that she is not like all other babies. I will not make that mistake again. Any who...She had taken a 2 hour nap earlier that day on her back in her crib for the first time ever. So I assumed she was ready to do that at night. I read all day long about how to get little ones to fall asleep on their own and in their own rooms. (I always have to rock Annie for like an hour it seems before she falls asleep) So I layed her down in her bassinet and prepared for the crying. The book says to let them cry and come in after five minutes, then to wait another 10 min, then check, then wait another 15 min. I did all that. Two hours went by and she finally stopped. So I figured she was asleep! Woohoo!!! I got ready for bed and headed into my room to go to sleep. But not before checking on her. Nope, not asleep..wide awake....just tired of screaming I guess. So I gave up and put her in her car seat. She went right to sleep. But I didn't swaddle her, so that was an accomplishment. Anyways, to make my long story shorter....Saturday night she started sleeping in her room, in her crib, without being swaddled. She fell asleep on her own also. However, she is still in her car seat. I am gonna wait till she is able to sit up on her own so that I know she will not choke on her frequent spit ups. Plus, if I was a baby, I would much rather sleep in a car seat. It's all padded and reclined. It's GREAT!!! Here are some pictures of her falling asleep on her own and then being asleep. Oh and they are pictures on our little T.V. monitor we got. Woohoo for that! I don't have to get out of bed to check out every little noise she makes!
Awake....
Asleep.....


Oh, and me and Annie are sick right now with colds. So here is my little girl with her sick little eyes. I would show you a picture of me..but lets face it....no one wants to see me when I am sick....I see it enough..and it's not pretty....Pray for little Annie to get better!

0 comments: