Friday, January 11, 2008

A Breakthrough!!!!

Okay, so here is what life is like at The Carlson household for the past few days. Thursday night I put Annie down at 10:30 for bed. I went to bed around 12:30. And as soon as I hit the bed, she woke up! What!!!!???? She really can't be up!! Is what I thought as I layed there not wanting to get out of the warm covers. Annie has slept through the night since she was 6 weeks. Like clockwork she went to bed around 11 and woke between 7 and 9. But not that particular night. I couldn't believe it. I picked her up and she fell right back to sleep. So I put her back in her bassinet thinking it was just a fluke. Well, 2 o'clock rolls around and she is up again. "What the heck," you say? I know! I picked her up and rocked her a little and she went right back to sleep. 4 :30 comes, again..she is up......I picked her up and thought..hmm.. I will load her up on formula and that will knock her out....nope.....7 comes around and she is up!!! Anyways, I knew she hadn't gone "number 2" for 2 days, due to the fact that we changed her formula. So I figured she was just constipated. She finally went, and I felt so bad for her because it was a pretty bad "number 2". I have a picture, But I don't think anyone wants to see it. So I figured she was fine now. 11 pm comes around and I put her back down to go to bed. She wakes up a half an hour later. I Don't know whats going on.....so we will see how tonight goes. But the BREAKTHROUGH part is the fact that I put her down at 12:30 today to take a nap and she is sleeping, on her own, on her back, in her crib! I didn't have to rock her to sleep. For those of you who know, she sleeps in our room in her car seat because she spits up a lot. So for her to be on her back is amazing! Plus, she usually only takes naps in our arms, she wont take them on her own! So that is another victory for little Annie, and for our tired arms!!! Here is a picture of her accomplishment!

0 comments: