Monday, April 14, 2008

Just A Little Update


Our little Miss Annie went to the Doctor a few days ago. She weighed in at 17lbs and was 27 inches long! She was 75% for both and at 50% altogether. The Doctor said she was perfect! She was scheduled for 4 vaccines, however, after many many research over the past months, even before Annie was born, we decided to put off all vaccines until the age of two. I am sure you have all heard about the growing possibility of vaccines causing Autism in so many of our young children today. Doctors disagree and why wouldn't they, they are getting paid for these vaccines. Although they like to deny that fact. There have been no studies to prove the link between Autism and Vaccines, but there also hasn't been any studies proving otherwise. I for one am not going to take that chance. I believe there are many cases where the diagnosis of Autism is clearly due to genetics. But there are even more that prove Vaccines are to blame. Just think about it........in 1994 there were 10 Vaccines that babies had to get before they were two. Today......36. 36 Vaccines being shot into an immature immune system. Many containing mercury...hmm....I am pretty sure when you are pregnant you are not supposed to eat fish because of the mercury level and the harm it can do to the baby....so how is it all of a sudden safe for babies to have high levels of mercury placed into their systems if it wasn't when they were in the womb? I don't get it. I could go on and on....but I would be here forever. A long story short. I spoke to my Doctor who was very understanding and respectful to our decision. He told me there were two vaccines that were extremely important for Annie at this stage and that all others could definitely wait until she was two. In which they would be administered one every six months. After discussing it over with my Husband and mother I agreed to go ahead with the last two. I also made sure they were mercury free, which they say is the reason that so many infants are being diagnosed with Autism. So she got one last week and will get her last one in a month. No MMR Vaccine, which they say is the biggest one that has caused a change over night in children, due to the mercury level that it contains. This was a decision that my husband and I really thought over. We feel that giving a 12 lb infant the same dosage that you would give to a 180lb adult is outrageous. Even our dogs get a smaller dosage of a shot than a lab would. So why not the same for our babies? In no way are we trying to sway any one from doing what they feel is right for their child, this is purely a note pad for me to get something I am concerned about off of my chest. If you are interested in reading up, just to be informed either way, here are some sites.
Alternate Vaccine Schedule:



Also, just go to YouTube and type in "Autism" or "Jenny McCarthy on CNN". And decide for yourself.

2 comments:

Tyler and Katy said...

I love the background! I especially love the pics of Annie up top! We got a new wii game!

SY said...

or just go to youtube and type "jennifer, jared, and stephs dances" and see all the comments for jared when he screamed like he had autism! good times!