Sunday, August 31, 2008

Big Girl Car Seat

So the Doctor said that Annie was 21lbs and old enough to move up into a forward facing car seat. And that was clearly obvious by the little amount of room she had left in her infant seat. So yesterday Annie, Justin, My Mother, My Mother-in-law, and myself went to go pick out Annie's "Big Girl" car seat! After doing a couple months worth of research on the best convertible car seat ( I know I know......I am very anal and protective!), we finally settled on the best kind for Annie. We picked the Britax Boulevard in Onyx. It goes up to 65lbs and can go front or rear facing! We got a really great picture of her in the car seat at the store, but of course it was with my phone, and I have no idea how to get that picture on to the computer. But I did get some other ones of her in the car for the first time. She was so mesmerized by everything she could see that she just looked shocked the entire ride to the ice cream restaurant. Overall, we love the new car seat! It was a snap to put in, trust me, it took Justin 5 minutes, while our other Graco infant seat took him at least an hour! Haha! Annie loves it too! However, the ultimate test was to see if she would be able to fall asleep in it.............and she did! That's good for us because she always falls asleep in the car, which helps during long shopping days! Here are a few pictures to show how amazed she was to be seeing what we get to see!

This is what she did the whole time....point at things and say "That?"


We would like to give a big "THANK YOU" to my parents and Justin's parents for purchasing Annie's new car seat for her Birthday! She loves it!

Oh, and a quick Potty update......She has gone 6 times! Only potty, but she is getting the hang of it!

4 comments:

SY said...

she's getting SO big =]

Anonymous said...

I think you need to mention that it has side impact protection and some i=of its safety values....I mean "talk that $309 puppy up!"

Melody said...

We're shopping for big girl car seats too. Just curious, is it only convertible front to back, or does it also convert into a booster? At this point, you don't really need it to face back again so I was just wondering why that is a bonus. Unless you plan on using it for baby #2 and then get Annie a booster seat at that point. I was also wondering where you did/do your research. I usually just look on Consumer Reports - any other suggestions??

Melody said...

He just used Windows Movie Maker. It's not the best program for it (which is why it's kind of choppy in places), but it came free on our computer so that's what he used. It's easy to put it onto the TV. Just compress it and burn it onto a DVD and then pop it into your DVD player. Good luck!