Monday, August 25, 2008

Big Girl Potty

Today we got Annie a "Big Girl Potty" from Babies R Us. I have done a lot of reading lately and found out that babies can begin potty training as early as 10 months. After realizing that our toilet was a little too big for her we went out and got a potty for $9.99. I went to change her diaper and decided to try putting her on the potty. She walked over to it and kinda looked at me like "How do I get on this thing?" I placed her on it and said "Annie, go potty on the potty!" And to my surprise, a few seconds later she went! I'm sure it was just a fluke, but hey, she went! That is one less diaper! The things that I have read say that if you start them young they can have it down by 15-18 months. Of course you shouldn't force them, they have to want to try. I put Annie on her potty twice a day for 10-15 mins, or until she has made it clear that she wants off! I figure taking it slow is fine, I want it to be a good experience. Plus, I definitely don't wanna be changing diapers till she is 3! My grandmother said my mother was potty trained by a year old! So there is hope! And I have read many stories from mothers who have started their kids young and have successfully had them potty trained by 18months! Anyways....here, of course, is a picture of Annie on the potty after she had actually gone, so she was ready to get off, and Annie's potty in the potty! Sorry if some are offended!
Oh, and here are these really cool baby keys we just got Annie! She loves our cell phone and keys so we went to target to get her something that might look like them. And there was this brand that actually makes keys, cameras, and phones that look just like real ones! She loves her new keys! She played with them the whole night!

3 comments:

Kurston and Kevin said...

Shes growing up too fast!!!

SY said...

seeing her potty in the living room made me think of the time justin peed in the fast food cup because he didn't want to get off the couch. HAHA. like father, like daughter =]

Erica and Jeremy said...

wow, i think its a guy thing and being lazy.... aj use to go in a water bottle if we were in the car and could wait!!! too funny!