Monday, May 26, 2008

There Is Just NO Time!!

Sorry I have been neglecting my blogger duties.....but there is absolutely no time anymore for posting! Little Annie has gotten pretty good at this crawling thing and once you put her down....she goes! I honestly spend my whole day chasing her around the house and telling her "No" when she gets into stuff! I mean come on! I know I wanted her to crawl....but I never said all the time!


So......since I was unable to do any house work let alone feed myself....I had to come up with a plan! And I did! I have a pretty big dining room area and it was currently not being used because I took our kitchen table out......I did this because I hated the table..it was glass..and annoying...so I put it in the garage and am selling it next week! I figured we will get one when we get a house. So the only thing in the dining room is my wonderful hutch that I purchased a month or so ago.

And now for my brilliant plan........

I, thanks to my mother....., got two kid gates and placed them at both the openings of the dinning room. I then got those foam puzzle floor letters and put them on the hard floor. Put all of Annie's toys in there and placed her little butt inside! She loved it! She played for what seemed like forever! I was able to take a shower and get ready....and no...I didn't just leave her in there and stay in the back. I had her monitor on so I could see her while I was getting ready. And plus...Justin was home so he was watching her and also folding his clothes for work! See all the wonderful things we can do now! It's great. I like to get inside with her and play. I was always the person who didn't want a lot of toys and clutter around my house...but I have to say...this little room of hers looks really fun. And I don't mind all the toys being out because they are out of the way. This gives her plenty of room to crawl about and not have to be picked up and brought back because she is getting to far away!

Great plan if I do say so myself!

If you wanna bring your kids over...go ahead....I have plenty of room for them to play!

Also, Annie got a tooth a week or so ago and is getting her other one. I would show a picture, but lets face it....I can't get her to sit still long enough!

Annie also got to try her first "Bitter Biscuit" the other day. She loved it! Me....not so much......it is really messy. I guess I wasn't expecting it to be that bad. I put her on the carpet with a shirt on and gave her the biscuit. A couple minutes later.....she had it all over her shirt, face, and hands.....and was reaching to touch the floor and start crawling! Yuck! So now..she eats them naked in her high chair over the kitchen floor!

Oh and Justin got spit up on again! This time it was oatmeal!! Yum!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL...I WANT TO SEE THE GATE ON THE OTHER SIDE!!! I'M SUCH A GOOD GRANDMA/MOM AREN'T I....OH, DAD TOO.

Melody said...

I'm jealous of your play room. Brooklyn gets yelled at all the time for pulling on the cable cord, getting her head stuck between the couches, etc. Oh, and have you tasted those biter biscuits? They are DISGUSTING!! I have no idea why they like them so much.

Erica and Jeremy said...

Awww, it does look like fun! Let's hope she's not ready to jump over the gate by the time my little one is ready for a play date!!

Melody said...

Oh, I was going to tell you. Instead of biter biscuits, we give Brooklyn something called Baby Mum-Mum rice rusks. They are a LOT less messy then the biscuits and they actually taste decent, especially the vegetable flavored ones. We get ours at Wal-Mart, but I'm sure they have them other places. It's an orange and yellow box with a baby eating one on the front. It looks like it's straight out of the 70's. Maybe Annie will like those and you won't have to clean up as much!