Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Walking Walker

Today Annie walked with her walker, by herself, for the first time! I usually go along beside her so that the walker doesn't wheel away leaving her face first on the ground. But today I let her do it on her own....falling and all. But instead of saying "awww...baby did you fall???" I said, "Hahahaha." That way she would think it was a funny thing instead of a sad thing and then wouldn't cry. And it worked! Every time she would fall.....I would laugh....and then she would laugh! It was really funny! But she had a great time and walked back and fourth for 15 minutes! I got video of her doing it tonight, but you won't hear any laughing because she never fell, so I couldn't laugh! Oh, and I am going to apologize now for Justin being in his underwear. He freakin wouldn't get out of the shot! So gross....just look away!


I would talk about her first pair of "Real" shoes from Stride Rite. But my mother already talked about it! So I will just put a picture up! But they are really cute and they help her walk because they support her little ankles! And they were not cheap, but my mother bought them...and since I knew the guy in the store....we got a discount! But I still can't believe that a size 3 shoe is that expensive!!!?? What the heck!
Oh, and she also learned to "High Five!" However, she usually likes to be the one who gets "High Fived." So she will put her hand out after you put yours out and then wait for you to touch hers! Whatever! Enjoy!


3 comments:

5,110 and a wake up said...

So cute! She'll be up and walking in no time!

Erica and Jeremy said...

how do you know the guy at stride rite? thats was supposed to be my hook up. you know that was jerm's old roommate. or is that how you know him? im confused??

Stephanie said...

precious! grandma betty got ambrose some fancy shoes too! they would squeak every time he took a step. i think they might have been from that store. it is nice when the grandmas do the buying :)