Tuesday, July 29, 2008

No Batteries...


Sorry guys. Our batteries for the camera have tuckered out and we haven't had any to replace them! So I have not been able to post. Well, I guess I could still post..but it is not the same without pictures! You know me! Anyways, since we still do not have new batteries and people keep asking me where the heck I have been in the blog world...I guess I will just suck it up and post without pictures!
Okay....lets see....what's been going on.....oh! Annie has been standing on her own without holding on to anything lately! And she also took her first two steps two days ago! She has actually been letting go of the couch and coffee table and taking a step forward like she is gonna start walking away! But then she falls shortly after the initial step.
She has also said her first word! She said it while Katy, Lucy, Lindsey, and I were at Babies R Us last weekend. I was reading a story to Lucy and Annie and there were mirrors in the book. So I would tell Lucy to say "Hi" to herself and she would....and then I would tell Annie to say "Hi" and by my complete amazement..she said it! Five times in a row! Katy even got to witness the special moment! No if you come in the room and say "Hi" to her she will say it back. It sort of comes out like a "Heeey" in a high pitch little voice.
She hasn't said any other "real" words yet, but she does recognize certain words when we say them. She will point them out or look over at them when she hears them. Here are a few words she understands enough to acknowledge:
1. Mama
2. Dada
3. Puppies
4. Say "Hi"
5. Say "Bye Bye"
6. Bella...... (of course)
7. Grandma
8. Go Bye Bye
9. Hungry
10. Night Night
11. Tater-Tot
12. Come here
13. Go get it
14. No....(she understands it...but doesn't always listen to it)
15. Give Kisses (she will give kisses when you say this)
16. Dance
17. Clap

Those are just a few main ones that we have noticed her understanding. She also shakes her head side to side when she doesn't want something and even when she is dancing! Haha! Anyways...I am tired and ready to go to sleep! I will be getting those darn batteries tomorrow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, SHE IS ONE SMART COOKIE...MUST TAKE AFTER HER GRANDMA JILLANA!