Monday, July 14, 2008

911, What's Your Emergency??

I usually NEVER give Annie my phone because I don't want her to ruin it by chewing on it, and I also don't like it when kids are allowed to play with cell phone because whenever you are trying to make a call they are trying to take the phone away....but anyways.....Annie loves loves loves my phone. Probably because it plays her favorite song, Damaged, on it. So the other day I let her play with it while the song was playing. I put the keys on lock and figured she wouldn't be able to make any calls. Well, apparently when your keys are locked and you are having an emergency, you only have to push one button and your keys automatically unlock and call 911. And that's just what Annie did. She called 911.....they called back, but I didn't hear them ring because Annie was playing with the phone so I guess she just sent them straight to voice mail. They left a message and when I finally took the phone away from her I looked at it to unlock the keys and there was a voice message. I checked it and it went something like this "Hi, this is the Police Department, someone called 911 from this phone, we are gonna need you to call us back immediately and let us know everything is okay before we send out the police." Crap! I called back real quick and the lady had to check if they were sending someone out and then told me that on cell phones, 911 can be dialed by pushing one button even while the keys are locked. Oops. I said sorry and she said it happens all the time! And I guess it does, because when I was little my brother and I were playing with the phone and we called 911 and they actually came to the house. And then Justin's mother told me that he called them when he was younger too! Haha!

I just thought this picture was funny. This is what the dogs do whenever Annie is eating.....probably because she gets more on the floor than in her mouth!

Next.....Justin built a book shelf for Annie's play room. I was needing one for all of her books and was just gonna go buy one, but I thought it would mean more if he built it. So he went to Home Depot and bought the supplies. On Saturday he was out in the garage for a couple of hours "designing" his masterpiece. I told him to make it her height so she wouldn't pull it down on top of her.....but he made it three times her height. Haha! He also got some decorative pieces to put on the book shelf. It was quite funny to see him being creative. So I took pictures! I didn't get a shot of the final outcome, but it looks good. Now he is gonna paint it black and I am gonna decorate it with paint pens! Woohoo!

Justin needed to work out on Sunday so we went to the park. Annie and I played on the swings while he ran.....in the 100 degree heat! No thank you! We put a little hat on her and her sunglasses and sat her little fanny in the swing! She loved it! And to our amazement....she even started swinging herself! She would lean back and then push forward! I got some of it on camera too!

You can see her swinging herself in the beginning and the middle of the video! Watch closely! Oh and sorry for my screaming....I tend to do that a lot...and I always forget how annoying it sounds on camera.....but I just get so excited for her! Haha!
I painted Annie's toes! I gave her a biter biscuit and she sat there while I painted each toe nail red. Just like mine! They look really cute!

On a crappy note....I woke up with a little cold and then shortly after could tell Annie had one too! Sucks! She hasn't been sick since she was a couple months old! Now she is sleeping. I should have known...I mean she woke up twice last night and slept in till 9:30 today. She usually wakes up for a bottle at 6:30! Here she is using Bella as a pillow!














1 comments:

Erica and Jeremy said...

hahaha, thats funny!! i dont think i ever called the police when i was little. All my police activities came later in life!!!