Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's Been A While......

I know, I know.....it has been a LONG time. But in my defense, I have been reallly busy around here. But I so happen to have a week off, so I am able to fit a blog post in. Keep in mind, that most of these things have happened weeks ago.

Lets see.....Annie and I went to the beach to visit Justin while he was working. We got to stay in a really nice beach house. It was GREAT! If you know me, you know how much I love the beach! The weather was actually warmer than back home. We got to take Annie down on the beach for the first time. She has been to the beach a few times before, but has never been "on" the beach. She loved it! Well, except for the occasional fall. Annie hates getting her hands dirty. She doesn't like to touch grass, the sidewalk, and now...sand at the beach. She played tag with the waves, and the waves won. We went to the grocery store and she rode in the little car carts for the first time. She enjoyed that. She also got to do a little shopping of her own with her very own shopping cart. It was a great trip!

She made friends with everyone and every dog on the beach!

The view from the beach house we were at!

Annie has a toy turtle with wheels on it, she figured out she could sit on it and scoot around the house! She thought it was hilarious!


When we got home, Annie got into the flour I put into the trash can...opps.....that was a bad idea!

She is now sleeping in her "Big Girl" bed. Since she loved climbing out so much, I just decided to take the side off and put up a side rail so she wouldn't roll out. She loves the freedom. But, she also knows when it is time to go to bed. She never plays, or gets in and out, she just crawls in and stays in until her wake up time of 10am! So great!
We bought her a beauty set. She is always playing with my make-up and hair brushes. So we figured she would enjoy it. And she does!
The Nichols family and our family go to the park at least once a week. And then go to one of our houses to have tacos! We feed the ducks by my house, Annie doesn't like giving any food up!

Lucy and Annie hold hands while being pushed on our walks.

Now in this video, Annie falls into the water. I freak out because she was sick with a cold and I didn't want her to get sicker........so when she fell I told....or yelled........at Justin, who was standing by her, to pick her up but he didn't want to get his shoes wet...what a man huh?! haha Then I didn't realize I was still recording throughout the traumatic experience.........I'm over protective!

3 comments:

Tyler and Katy said...

Riding on a toy turtle, dumping flour all over, and playing with her makeup! We love Annie! Oh, and next time you better get your shoes wet, Justin!

Erica and Jeremy said...

hahah, Wade has the same little turtle! I like the song...Counting Counting !!!What's the beach with out getting a little dirty and wet! Way to go Annie... live it up girly!!

SY said...

okay, KATE. =]