Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Daddy's Bookcase

Justin built a bookcase for Annie a couple months ago. I told him that I wanted something about as tall as Annie. So he went out and got creative at Home Depot. I then let him have hours of fun in the garage building it. And it came out a "little" taller then was expected, but it was still made with love! He was finally able to paint it this past weekend. I had him paint it black and pink. Once Annie is a little older, and we are in our own house, I am gonna do her room like Miley Cyrus's dressing room. I loved it! I thought it was so cute, and very Victorian. I also loved her bedroom which was blue and black, but I figured pink was more girly and fun. Anyways, we needed something to go on the back of the shelves to make it look more Victorian. So I found a stencil online and printed it out, then copied it onto a paper, and then Justin cut each piece out with a box cutter. After a few hours of stencil messes, we finally just gave up and accepted it the way it was. I happen to love it. I know it will look great in her room one day! Right now it is in her play room!

3 comments:

Melody said...

Very impressive and very cute! Just think, one day it will be the same height as her! Scary!!!

Anonymous said...

be sure it is secure on that wall! the ever-protective grandma JIllana

Heather said...

Should I come teach her the Dewey Decimal system so she can organize her books like real librarians? ;)