Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Tricks!

Well it has been a few days since I have been on here, but I figured I would just accumulate a bunch of things in one post!Annie learned to clap a few days ago! I don't know how she figured it out...I mean, we haven't been trying to get her to do it. I guess she just watched us clap every time she did something cute or exciting and figured it out! It's really cute, she gets a big open mouth smile on her face and starts clapping away! Kind of what we must look like to her! Haha! And I know you would all love to see it on a video....well....so would I! I can not get her to sit long enough for a picture these days let alone a mini video clip! She will clap all day long but once I get the camera out, she starts her mission to get the camera! Oh well, I will keep trying!

She has also started "cruising". She has gotten really good at pulling her self up, and pretty quick might I add. So now she gets up and will take a few steps from side to side. She very well could be walking in a few weeks! My brother walked at 9 months!

She knows how to wave "Bye Bye". And will even do it when you say "Night Night". Now she has done this one a couple months now but I wasn't sure if I posted anything about it. She only does it with her right hand and while she is doing it she will turn her hand around so she is waving to herself! It is really cute!

I got her hair up in her first pony tail! It was really small with about 3 hairs in all, but it was really cute! We got her all dressed up for my Mother's birthday party and Kurston's birthday party after that! At Kurston's I might have given her just a little frosting......really.....it was a VERY small amount. Like the size of the tip of a pencil....but that didn't matter to her blood sugar level! We got her home and she was going a mile a minute! We got it on camera too! She was so crazy that she even charged head first into the coffee table! She didn't even hesitate! It was really funny......the hyper part......not the head bumping part. We have learned our lesson....sugar free frosting for her first birthday cake!


On a sad note.....Annie's one LARGE tooth is reeking havoc on her crib! She sits there, or stands there should I say...... and grinds her tooth on the side of the crib! She is ruining it! Now we are on a mission to find some sort of bumper to save my poor crib! Every time I would go in there to get her out of the crib after she would wake up, she would have little brown specks all over her face. At first I thought they were freckles, cuz lets face it....she is gonna have them, both of us do! But then they would come off if I scrubed......well.....I realized that the specks were specks of paint from her crib! I'm over it!
Annie went to the Doctor the other day for her last shot! At least until she is 2! She weighed in at 18lbs exactly! And the Doc said he was surprised she was standing up so easily on her own and how fast she was at crawling! He looked at her one LARGE tooth and gave me some vitamins so that she doesn't get plaque. It is supposed to keep that little guy healthy and clean! We got her a Elmo toothbrush, only because they didn't have any girlie ones for her age. We brushed her one LARGE tooth, and she loved it! Surprisingly! She let me do her gums and everything! She just sat there with her lips around the brush and enjoyed every minute of it! I think she thinks it is food! Haha!
On another sad note....I got her a big bouncy ball to play with. All the books that I have been reading say that at this age they can start to learn to roll the ball back and fourth..so I thought it would be a fun activity for us.....wrong! She hates it! Every time the ball comes near her she pushes it away while crawling towards me for safety. She cries and screams too! I don't get it! She has never been afraid of anything! We are still puzzled as to why she is so frightened of this pink ball!

And lastly.......I took Annie swimming at my parent's house yesterday. She has been a few times with Lucy and Katy also. She went naked this time! Annie has reached the age where she is started to fall asleep in our arms again! She hasn't done this since she was a few months old and we broke her of the habit so that she could learn to fall asleep on her own, like a big girl! Anyways...now, she will be asleep in the car and we can take her out of her car seat and carry her into her room and she will not wake up! She will just lay there with her head on my chest! It is soooooo cute! The best thing ever! When she went swimming with us yesterday I was surprised when she fell asleep on my mother chest, while in the pool! My little dream boat!
Oh...and we also caught her "wet" handed in the dogs water bowl! She was supposed to be drinking a bottle on the floor in the front room, and when me and Justin came back from changing out of our dress clothes....she was in the kitchen playing in the water!!!! She has a little pony tail!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that grandma is hot!!!